Perfectly situated South of Broad on Legare Street, opposite the lush and extensive walled gardens of the renowned Swordgate House, the gracious Elizabeth Williams House has been meticulously restored to its former grandeur by its current owners. After purchasing the property from Historic Charleston Foundation, the owners engaged the much sought-after historic restoration experts, Glenn Keyes and Richard Marks to complete a two-year restoration project. The property was awarded a Carolopolis Award by the Preservation Society of Charleston for 2019.The land plot dates to the implementation of the Grand Modell plan for Charleston by the Proprietors in 1694, and was owned by French Hugenots who emigrated from France to Charleston following the revocation of the Edict of Nantes.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. Copyright © 2021 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc.