Enter Middleburg through the magnificent oak avenue leading you to the main house and outbuildings. Possibly the oldest frame house in SC, the two storied gable roofed main house is accompanied by a two bedroom kitchen building, 2 bedroom butler building and 2 story brick and frame carriage house known as the Commissary Building. Middleburg was erected in 1699 by Benjamin Simons, a French Huguenot planter. The main house is a splendid example of Charleston's Georgian ''single house''. The structure retains the plan of a one room width, and also the post and girt construction of the 17th century, even though it is 2 stories in height. The grounds offer extensive duck, deer, dove, quail, turkey and equestrian opportunities.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Prestige Real Estate Group are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2018 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.